Na górę
Academy of Art in Szczecin
Rules for recruiting foreigners

§ 7

1. Persons who are not Polish citizens, hereinafter referred to as "foreigners", may undertake and follow the studies referred to in § 1 sec. 1 of this resolution on the basis of:
a) international agreements, on the terms set out in these agreements;
b) contracts concluded with foreign entities by universities, on the terms specified in these contracts;
minister's decision;
c) NAWA director's decision with regard to its scholarship holders;
d) a decision of the NCN director to award funds for the implementation of basic research in the form of a research project, internship or scholarship, qualified for funding through a competition;
e) an administrative decision of the Rector, director of a PAN institute, director of a research institute or director of an international institute.
2. The university conducts studies only in Polish.

3. Fees for full-time studies conducted in Polish are not collected from:
a) a foreigner - a citizen of a Member State of the European Union, the Swiss Confederation or a Member State of the European Free Trade Association (EFTA) - parties to the agreement on the European Economic Area and their family members living in the territory of the Republic of Poland;
b) a foreigner who has been granted a permanent residence permit or a long-term resident of the European Union;
c) a foreigner who has been granted a temporary residence permit in connection with the circumstances referred to in art. 159 sec. 1 or art. 186 paragraph 1 point 3 or 4 of the Act of 12 December 2013 on foreigners (Journal of Laws of 2017, items 2206 and 2282 and of 2018, items 107, 138 and 771);
d) a foreigner who has the refugee status granted in the Republic of Poland or enjoys temporary protection or subsidiary protection on the territory of the Republic of Poland;
e) a foreigner - the holder of a certificate confirming the knowledge of Polish as a foreign language, referred to in art. 11a paragraph. 2 of the Act of 7 October 1999 on the Polish language (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 931), at least at the C1 language proficiency level;
f) the holder of the Pole's Card or the person who was issued a decision confirming Polish origin;
g) a foreigner who is a spouse, ascendant or descendant of a citizen of the Republic of Poland, living on the territory of the Republic of Poland.
§ 8

1. First-cycle studies may be accepted by foreigners who demonstrate the special predispositions required at the host university to undertake studies in the fields of study that require such predispositions, and have one of the following s:
a) a secondary school-leaving certificate or a secondary school-leaving examination certificate and a certificate of the results of the matriculation examination in individual subjects referred to in the regulations on the education system;
b) a certificate or other recognized in the Republic of Poland as a entitling to apply for admission to studies in accordance with art. 93 sec. 3 of the Act of 7 September 1991 on the education system (Journal of Laws of 2018, items 1457 and 1560);
c) a certificate and another or diploma referred to in art. 93 sec. 1 of the act referred to in point b;
d) a certificate or diploma recognized in the Republic of Poland as a entitling to apply for admission to studies in accordance with the bilateral agreement on mutual recognition of education;
e) a certificate or other recognized as equivalent to the Polish secondary school-leaving examination certificate on the basis of the regulations in force until March 31, 2015.
f) Foreigners with a graduation diploma (in Poland or abroad) entitling to continue education at second-cycle studies may be admitted to second-cycle studies.
g) Other s necessary for admission to studies are listed in § 4 of this resolution.

2. Foreigners may be admitted to studies conducted in Polish if they demonstrate knowledge of the Polish language and confirm this fact with an appropriate (certificate, diploma, certificate, etc.) or obtain confirmation from the host university that their preparation and the level of knowledge of Polish allow them to start studies in Polish.
3. Foreigners may be admitted to studies if they have a health or accident insurance policy for the period of their education in Poland or the European Health Insurance Card or they will join the National Health Fund immediately after commencing education.